Let Our Renton Car Accident Lawyers Answer Your Questions

Last updated on June 4, 2024

At Le & Kittleson, our Renton car accident attorneys understand that being involved in a crash can be a stressful and confusing experience. We are here to provide clarity and support, as well as help you get the maximum compensation you deserve for your injuries. Below are some of the top questions our clients frequently ask about car accidents in Washington State.

For a free consultation about your case, please call us at 425-428-5972 or complete our contact form. Our car accident lawyers represent clients throughout the Seattle area.

What should I do immediately after a car accident?

First, ensure the safety of everyone involved; move to a safe location if possible. Call 911 to report the accident and request medical assistance if needed. Exchange information with the other driver(s), including names, contact details, insurance information and vehicle descriptions. Take photos of the accident scene, vehicles and any injuries, if possible. Then contact Le & Kittleson right away so we can start helping you get the compensation you deserve.

See our overview of car accident injuries to learn more.

How do I know if I should file a police report?

In Washington State, you are required to file a police report if there are injuries, death or property damage exceeding $1,000. Reporting the accident not only complies with state law but also provides an official record that can be crucial for your insurance claim and legal protection. If in doubt, call the police and file a report.

Can I file an insurance claim if I’m at fault?

Yes, you can still file an insurance claim even if you are at fault. Washington is a “comparative fault” state, which means that damages (financial compensation) can be distributed according to the degree of fault of each party involved. However, the compensation you receive will be reduced by your percentage of fault.

What types of damages can I recover from a car accident?

You may be entitled to various types of damages, such as compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, loss of earning capacity, pain and suffering, and property damage. Each case is unique, so it’s important to discuss your specific situation with an experienced car accident attorney at our firm.

How long do I have to file a lawsuit after a car accident?

In Washington State, the statute of limitations for personal injury claims is generally three years from the date of the accident. It is crucial to act quickly and consult with a car accident attorney to ensure that your rights are protected.

What if the other driver doesn’t have insurance?

If the other driver is uninsured or underinsured, you may still have options through your own insurance policy, such as Uninsured Motorist (UM) or Underinsured Motorist (UIM) coverage. Our team at Le & Kittleson can help you navigate these claims and work towards securing the compensation you deserve.

Why should I hire a personal injury attorney after a car accident?

Handling the aftermath of a car accident can be overwhelming. Our experienced personal injury attorneys can provide invaluable assistance by managing legal and insurance complexities, advocating on your behalf, and ensuring that you receive fair compensation.

Contact Our Renton Car Accident Attorneys For A Free Consultation

If you have been involved in a car accident in Washington State and have further questions, please call us at 425-428-5972 or contact us by email. With offices in Renton and Gig Harbor, our car accident lawyers represent clients throughout Washington State.