In many personal injury cases, the entire process from the first letter of demand to the final settlement will take between several weeks and a few months. In some cases, the process may take even longer. If the case is small and liability is clearly established, the entire case can be resolved within a month or two. According to a Renton personal injury attorney, each case is unique, so the timeline can vary from case to case. Your attorney can review your case with you and give you an estimate of the amount of time it will take to resolve.
There are multiple factors that have an effect on the amount of time your case will take. Following are some of these factors:
- The general economy and its effects on settlement amounts and adjusters’ caseloads.
- Whether or not your Renton Personal injury lawyer’s demand figure is reasonable.
- The internal process for handling claims within a particular organization.
- The number of potential defendants in the case.
- Whether or not you share some liability for the accident.
- Whether or not the defendant’s insurer accepts the determination of liability.
- How complete the documentation for the claim is.
- Other miscellaneous factors.
A Renton Personal injury attorney may be able to help you navigate the complex paperwork and negotiations with various insurance adjusters. To set up a confidential appointment, please call the office of Edward K. Le, Attorneys at Law, at (425) 336-2255.