In making a determination about whether a personal injury lawyer in Renton should take your case, he or she may evaluate a number of important factors. Additionally, once a Personal injury lawyer in Renton decides to take your case, these factors will help him or her determine how to proceed with your case.
Below is a basic list of questions that your personal injury attorney in Renton will ask in order to determine important information regarding your case:
- Has an applicable statute of limitation run in your case? Which statute of limitations has run and how will this affect the case? If the statute of limitations has not run, what is the applicable date for when it will run?
- Is there a statute that has bearing over the case?
- Who are the proper defendants in the case?
- Does the local court have jurisdiction over these defendants?
- Do any of these defendants have sufficient resources to satisfy a judgement?
- Are you covered under an insurance policy or did the defendant have insurance that is applicable to the case? What are the limits on the policy? Are there any applicable exclusions or defenses from receiving an insurance payout?
- What is the legal theory of your case?
- Is the case economically viable?
- What is the nature and extent of your injuries?
- Are your injuries permanent?
- Has a settlement been offered?
- Is there an alternative to resolving the dispute, such as arbitration or mediation?
If you would like to discuss your case with an experienced personal injury lawyer, contact Edward K. Le Attorneys at Law at (425) 336-2255.