When pursuing your personal injury claim, it is important that you do your part to ensure that the case is being handled correctly. Your Personal injury lawyer in Renton will be doing much of the work, of course, but you as the plaintiff have a responsibility to keep your lawyer up to date with what is going on. Failing to do so, or worse, giving incorrect information to your lawyer, can result in you inadvertently sabotaging your case.
• Have a meeting or conference call with you and your family to discuss any concerns.
• Maintain regular contact with you by phone or letter.
• Tell you that your actions may be covertly monitored by the insurance adjuster during the litigation process.
• Tell you to follow your doctor’s orders thoroughly, including all medication, treatment and appointments.
• Do what you can to recover from your injuries.
The more you and your Personal injury lawyer in Renton stay in contact and keep each other up to date on what is happening, the more smoothly your case will go. You and your attorney should feel equally informed and committed to the case so that you are able to prosecute the case as a team.
If you have further questions on what to expect during your personal injury claim, contact a personal injury attorney in Renton. Call Edward K. Le, Attorneys at Law at 425-336-2255.